Thursday, March 22, 2012

Downton's Thomas never supposed to last this long

Rob James-Collier revealed that his character was only meant to be on the show for one season.

"When they started, my character wasn't even supposed to be in series two and three," he explained. "He was going to get sacked I think, because that's what I was told at the audition - 'It's a great part, he's a really nasty piece and he gets his comeuppance, but the only bad thing is that he gets sacked at the end'.

"But then after filming the first two episodes, the producers rang up my agent and said, 'Would he consider being optioned for series two and three?' And that just came out of the blue - it's a no-brainer.

"So here I am - I could have been killed off a million times. I haven't. But I could get killed off at the end of series three, you never know. So that's why I don't think too far ahead."



Source: Digital Spy

No comments:

Post a Comment